I am excited to share with you my review of A:Concept, Make Your Concept Black Set. This product comes in a beautiful packaging (as you can see above) which would be really suitable to give it as a birthday or special occasion gift. This Make Your Concept Black Set contains 4 items: All in One Brightening A:Cushion, All in One Brightening A:Cushion Refill, Everything in A:Coral Lip & Cheek and A:Red Orange Lipstick.
Just this box alone could give a person an easy way to have a simple and basic daily makeup look. Incase your handbag only have a space for one makeup product, this would be all you need. Continue reading and you would find out why.
A : Concept
A:Concept is a Korean cosmetic brand which was established since 2013. The product that the brand produce are in a way which make the product looks trendy, stylish, unique and has an all in one cosmetic concept which makes it easier for user to carry it with them everywhere. The name has a meaning behind it, which means the one and only cosmetic concept just for YOU!
1. All in One Brightening A:Cushion
All in One Brightening A:Cushion comes in 2 shades which includes shade #21 Light Beige and shade #23 Natural Beige. The foundation can be found in a chic black casing along with the brand unique logo printed on the front of the casing.
It’s foundation has a brightening effect which makes your skin looks brighter and fairer. One of the many benefits of this cushion includes UV protection (SPF35, PA++). Not only that, it also has good coverage to cover up wrinkles for all ages. The coverage can be built up layer by later as the formula that was use in the cushion is light and thin.
What makes it stands out from other brand is this foundation allows you to slide in a lip product from A:Concept. I find it really convenient as you can have both your foundation and lipstick all in a casing. You would not have to worry of having a hard time finding and going to toilet just to apply your lipstick as it comes with a built-in mirror.
- Really convenient as I could work with this product to make a simple and easy daily look.
- Classic black which suits all occasion.
- Really suits me as I find it helps to cover up some of my veins on my face as you can observe from the picture below. (FYI I have really thin skin which makes my vein look visible)
- Helps brighten up my skin which makes my skin looks more hydrated and alive.
- I find it a bit bulky compare to the compact foundation that I have which is much slimmer.
- It is quite risky to push the lipstick in and out. As I brought it overseas, the lipstick broke and got stuck inside. 🙁 ( I am partly at fault as well as I put my makeup pouch in the luggage )
Overall Rating: 4 / 5
2. All in One Brightening A:Cushion Refill
A:Concept Make Your Concept Black Set comes with a cushion refill. The packaging of the Refill is just like any other refill which comes in a plastic wrap around it as shown on the picture above. It is really light and you could fit it anywhere in your bag, backpack and luggage when you know your current foundation is about to finish.
Overall Packaging Look Rating: 3 / 5
3. Everything in A:Coral Lip & Cheek
Everything in A:Coral Lip & Cheek is a 2 in 1 product. What do I mean by 2 in 1? It can be use as both lipstick as well as a blush on your cheek. Coral colour is a steady and suitable colour for most Asian women. As I mention above, this product can be use either as a individual like a usual lipstick or you can take of the front cap and insert the product into the All in One Brightening A:Cushion.
Lip – You can either apply using your finger or lip brush. To give it a more silky and smooth look, you can apply with your finger tip by tapping on the lip and blend it.
Cheek – Apply on your finger and lightly dap on your cheek and blend it throughly.
- Using Everything in A:Coral Lip & Cheek on my lip and cheek. ❤️
- It is really moist and does not feel dry after apply on the lips.
- Really easy to apply on the cheek as well.
- Small and slim.
- Light and convenient.
If you’re someone adventurous like I am. I did try it out as an eyeshadow and try blending it on my eyelids. It’s very easy and moist, I find it goes really well as well. Feel free to step out of your comfort zone and try new things.
- Trying out Everything in A:Coral Lip & Cheek on my eyelid.
Overall Rating: 4.5 / 5
5. A:Red Orange Lipstick
A:Red Orange Lipstick is one of my favourite among this Make Your Concept Black Set. I love colour that is bright and stands out. Even though if you are using nude colour around your whole face, just a single touch of A:Red Orange Lipstick, your whole face would instantly glow and brightens up. This lipstick comes with a velvet matte finishing. Same as the above lip product, this can also be insert into All in One Brightening A:Cushion.
Lip – Can apply either straight on the lips, use a lip brush or finger.
- Using A:Red Orange Lipstick on lip. ( I tried to apply it on my cheek as well, but it has a matte finishing so it’s really hard to blend. Do not recommend to use it on your cheek as it is originally for lip only. )
- The colour really stands out.
- Feels really light as if your not applying anything on the lips.
- Light and convenient to bring around.
- Really dry and hard to apply on, especially for me as I often have dry lips.
Overall Rating: 3 / 5
Swatches Thank you The Butterfly Project and Althea for giving me this opportunity to review A:Concept, Make Your Concept Black Set. It is always fun to discover new products and brands. 💕
Althea Website: http://my.althea.kr
A:Concept Products: http://my.althea.kr/brands/all/a-concept
A:Concept, Make Your Concept Black Set: http://my.althea.kr/make-your-concept-black-set