Not sure what to have for your lunch with colleagues, all questioning one another about where to head to? There is a Chinese restaurant around The Strand, Kota Damansara which you might be interested in. They serve a variety of food, including Prawn, Fish, Seafood, Pork, Chicken, Toufu & Egg and Vegetable. It is usually full house during lunch and dinner hour, so just to be safe, it is better to make a reservation so that you would not have to wait for your turn. I realize its quite popular among office workers who work around that area, as their price are reasonable for the portion that they provide. Want to know what is the highlight of their place? They do not charge GST as well as SERVICE CHARGE.
Here are some of their popular dishes along with a few new dishes.
- Kapitan Seafood served in Sizzling Hot Plate
– Which consists of everything in one hot sizzling plate. It’s my favourite dish among all the others. The sauce goes well with the prawns and squids! 😋
- Crispy Pumpkin
– It’s crispy on the outside and once you put it in you mouth, it melts naturally. Pumpkin cover with salted egg, who doesn’t loves it?
- Thousand Island Pork Ribs
– A dish which has final touches of thousand island, thinking about it would make you drool straight out from your mouth. The meat is fresh and tender, one bite and you would wish to have another piece.
- Thai Hot Plate
– Depending on each individual, some might say it’s spicy, some might say it’s not. For me, it’s just right. They used charcoal at the bottom of the plate to keep it warm instead of candles.
- Yam Basket
– If you are not much a fan of meat, then this is the dish for you. All types of different vegetables along with meat. The chicken is juicy and goes well with the vegetables as well as the yam which is shaped like a bowl.
- Hot & Sour Baby Shark
– Never taste or seen anything like that before in other restaurants. Finding for something unique that you might not find anywhere else. The fish meat sauce gives out the combination of both sourish and spicy at the same time.
- Rice Wine Chicken
– Sick of the normal chicken with herbal soup and so on? Then this rice wine chicken should be your top priority on your food list. Don’t even worry about getting drunk as the wine contains little amount of alcohol. The soup is so tasty that I could gallop the whole bowl all to myself.
- Dried Shrimp Stir Fried with Pig Intestines
– Imagine having a bite from a warm, tender and scrumptious pig’s intestine. You will definitely love it! Not to forget there are dried shrimps as well which compliments this dish.
The owner started this business having an intention to have a place for people who would come from different states or even overseas to refresh the memories of their parents home cooked food. As many people nowadays are busy with work and are held back by work related projects usually they won’t have enough time to make it back in time for dinner and so this restaurants main objective is to be there to serve home cooked food for the people to remind them that even here, they can provide the same love and concern that has been put into preparing all these dishes. After all, everyone would want to know who’s the chef behind all these dishes that has been made with love which is the owner’s mother. She wants to serve her homemade recipe so that everyone could have a taste of how home cooked food would taste like and to share the love through cooking.
Besides that, they also provide set lunch which is as low as RM8.90 and RM12.20 (includes soup and drink). There are more than 40 different meals to choose from the set lunch.
Thank you Jessy for inviting me over as well as the owner Tiffany for a great lunch. 🍴
Address: No23-G , Jalan PJU5/21 , The Strand Kota Damansara , 47810 Petaling Jaya , Selangor.
Contact: +603-6142 3882
Opening Hours: Monday – Saturday (11am-3pm, 5pm-10pm)